The IBG corporate resume demonstrates an exceptional skill set reflected in career experience, business ownership, diverse academics, earned professional credentials and multitudes of completed transactions. Each IBG owner brings your business over 25 years of full-time commitment, passion, and expertise in completing successful M&A transactions.
IBG is in the hands of high performers, people with impeccable integrity and high achievements that add up to lifetimes as respected leaders. This ethic, mindset and capability all work together to accomplish transaction successes for our clients.
IBG’s principals understand the owner’s path; our expertise stems from backgrounds as business owners. Between us we have started, owned, bought and sold companies across the entire business spectrum. This includes chains of vehicle service, aviation schools, manufacturing, printing and publishing, petroleum purchasing and distribution, trucking, IT, transportation, import/export, minerals investments, and land and cattle. We bring a blend of Fortune 100 career, middle market business management and entrepreneurial experiences to better serve business owner clients in the sale or purchase of a business.
Experience, credentials and training are the bricks and mortar of the IBG performance. Academic diversity of the leadership team supports our comprehensive business background and includes degrees in finance, business, applied economics and engineering and MBAs, all honed by thousands of hours of training specific to the M&A profession as students, authors and instructors.
IBG leaders also hold a multitude of professional qualifications between them, including:
- Securities Registration (held as registered representative of CEIBA FINANCIAL, LLC)
- Licensed Real Estate Brokers
- Certified Merger and Acquisition Intermediaries (CMAI)
- Merger and Acquisition Master Intermediaries (M&AMI)
- Certified Business Intermediaries (CBI)
- Business Brokerage Specialist (BBS)
- Certified Machinery & Equipment Appraiser/Broker (CMEA)
- Senior Business Analyst (SBA)
Award winning leadership is a hallmark of the firm. IBG’s principals believe strongly in serving and leading the M&A brokers and advisors profession to benefit business owners and those who work with them now and in the future.
Industry Leadership Roles
- The M&A Source – Founders (3), Chairman, Directors (4), Fellows (4), Officers, Committee Chairs in Education, M&AMI Credentials, Strategic Issues Task Force, Bylaws and Member Services, author and Instructor of multiple continuing education courses for professional M&A Brokers and intermediaries
- Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors – Industry Coalition Steering Committee (2)
- International Business Brokers Association – President (2), Fellows (4), Directors (4), Treasurer (2), Committee Chairs – Education, Certification Exam, Presidents Council, Nominating (2), CBI Credentials, Strategic Issues Task Force
- Business Intermediary Education Foundation – Founder, President and Directors (3)
- Many key roles in other community, business, and special interest groups and associations
Awards and Recognition
- Acquisition International’s 2014 Privately Owned Businesses M&A Firm of the Year: USA
- US Small Business Administration Award – State Financial Services Advocate of the Year
- Darrell Fouts M&A Award for visionary leadership in the profession
- Fellows of the M&A Source
- Small Business Person of the Year Finalist
- #1 Arizona Business Brokers 2014 – Ranking Arizona
- 2014 Best of Tulsa Awards – Business Brokers
- Chairman – The M&A Source international professional association
- Tom West Award for contributions to the broker profession and its ethics
- President of the International Business Brokers Association
- Founders – The M&A Source
- USA M&A Broker of the Year
- Chairman’s Leadership Award – IBBA
- Industry Expert Designation
- Fellows of the International Business Brokers Association