John Zayac founded International Business Group in 1986 to provide the mid-market business seller with the high-quality resources and sophisticated M&A service traditionally reserved for firms valued over $100 million.
From IBG’s inception, John’s vision was to build it into the merger and acquisition industry’s most comprehensive provider of acquisition advisory services for mid-market business sellers. His oversight of handling each client from start to finish built a record of success as a business intermediary, including hundreds of completed transactions in manufacturing, distribution, and service industries.
In addition to founding IBG, John Zayac has owned and operated a spectrum of businesses, including a printing company, an automobile importing agency, and a chain of car washes. According to Professional Car Washing magazine, his is the 10th largest chain self-service car wash locations in the U.S.
John is a court-appointed expert in business valuations and transactions and is a nationally recognized speaker on the sale of privately held mid-market firms.
His personal business philosophy is mindful: Most business owners sell a firm only once in a lifetime; capitalizing on this opportunity requires experience, resources and knowledge to ensure nothing is left to chance.
A native of Binghamton, New York, John has resided in Colorado since 1982 and is actively involved in many industry associations and civic organizations. John is a competitive race pilot in the T-6 Racing Association, most recently placing second in the 2010 T-6 Gold Class National Championship Air Races in Reno.
- Certified Business Intermediary (CBI): International Business Broker Association
- Series 63 and 82 securities registration under Still Point Capital
- Licensed Real Estate Broker
Honors and Awards
Fellow of the IBBA: International Business Brokers Association
- International Business Brokers Association (IBBA)
- M&A Source: Board of Directors
- Business Intermediary Education Foundation (BIEF): Board of Directors
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Alliance of Merger and Acquisition Advisors (AM&AA)
- Internet Safety Commission: Board of Directors
- Colorado Association of Business Intermediaries (CABI)
- Strategic Initiative Task Force (SITF): Board of Directors
Business & Community Involvement
- Air Power West: Board of Directors
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Morgan Adams Foundation
- T6 Racing Association: Board of Directors
- Wings Over the Rockies: Steering Committee Member