IBG Business: M&A Industry Leadership and Recognition
Each IBG owner brings to your business sale or purchase over 35 years of full-time commitment, passion, and expertise in completing successful M&A transactions.
IBG’s corporate résumé demonstrates an exceptional M&A skill set reflected in career experience, business ownership, diverse education, earned professional credentials, and multitudes of completed transactions. The success of your sale or purchase is greatly enhanced by our principals’ integrity, achievements, work ethic and well-earned respect in the M&A industry.
Experience, credentials, educational diversity, and professional training are the bricks and mortar of IBG’s performance. These include comprehensive business backgrounds, degrees and advanced degrees in finance, business, applied economics and engineering, all honed by thousands of hours of training specific to the M&A profession as students, authors and instructors.
Because our expertise is rooted in our backgrounds as business owners, we understand what it means to be in your position, to pursue important business goals, and to experience the victories and disappointments that can be known only to the person at the top of the company.
Among us we have started, owned, bought and sold companies across the entire business spectrum:
- vehicle service chains
- aviation schools
- printing and publishing
- petroleum/propane purchasing and distribution
- information technology
- minerals investments.
M&A Professional Licenses and Designations
- Merger and Acquisition Master Intermediary (M&AMI)
- Certified Merger and Acquisition Advisor (CM&AA)
- Certified Business Intermediary (CBI)
- Business Brokerage Specialist (BBS)
- Certified Machinery & Equipment Appraiser/Broker (CMEA)
- Senior Business Analyst (SBA)
- Securities registration (held as registered representative of CEIBA FINANCIAL, LLC)
- Licensed real estate broker
M&A Industry Leadership
- The M&A Source: Founders (3), chairman, directors (4), Fellows (4), and officers; committee chairs in Education, Credentialing, Strategic Issues Task Force, Bylaws and Member Services; authors and instructors of multiple continuing education courses for professional M&A brokers and intermediaries
- Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors: Industry Coalition Steering Committee (2 members)
- International Business Brokers Association (IBBA): Presidents (2), Fellows (4), directors (4), treasurer (2), committee chairs (Education, Certification Exam, Presidents Council, Nominating, Credentialing, Strategic Issues Task Force)
- Business Intermediary Education Foundation (BIEF): Founder, president and directors (3)
- Many key roles in other community, business, and special interest groups and associations
Awards and Recognition
- Acquisition International’s 2014 Privately Owned Businesses M&A Firm of the Year (USA)
- S. Small Business Administration Award: State Financial Services Advocate of the Year
- Darrell Fouts M&A Award for visionary leadership in the profession
- Fellows of the M&A Source
- Small Business Person of the Year (Finalist)
- Ranking Arizona: #1, Investment Bankers/M&A Intermediary (2019-2020); #1, Business Brokers (2003-2018)
- Best of Tulsa: Business Brokers (2014)
- Tom West Award for contributions to the broker profession and its ethics
- USA M&A Broker of the Year
- IBBA: Chairman’s Leadership Award