Jim Afinowich is a Partner and Designated Broker at IBG Fox & Fin in the Phoenix office, a mergers and acquisition firm founded in 1993 that handles business sales between $5 million and $150 million. The firm has been selected Arizona’s number one business broker and investment banking firm for 18 consecutive years by Ranking Arizona.
Jim’s primary responsibility is overseeing his office’s deal makers and expediting transactions. He has more than a quarter century of successful experience in the M&A industry and has managed and supervised more than 500 transactions. He is well-known a creative problem solver.
A nationally honored industry leader, Jim has developed and presented classes for regional and national trade associations for nearly 20 years. He has also provided expert witness services in cases relating to brokerage practices and standards of care.
- Certified Business Intermediary (CBI): International Business Broker Association
- Merger & Acquisition Master Intermediary (M&AMI): The M&A Source
- Business Brokerage Specialist (BBS)
- Real Estate Broker, State of Arizona
- Series 63 and series 82 securities registration under CEIBA Financial, LLC
Honors and Awards
- Tom West Award for exceptional contributions in promoting goals and ethics in business brokerage
- “Jim Afinowich Day,” Valley Board of Business Brokers
- International Business Brokers Association (IBBA): Fellow, President, Director, Vice President, Treasurer, Education Committee Chair
- M&A Source: Charter member; Chair, Education Committee; Chair, Credentialing Committee
- Business Intermediary Education Foundation: President and Director
- Valley Board Of Business Brokers
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- Alliance of Merger and Acquisition Advisors (AM&AA)
- Arizona Business Brokers Association
- Turnaround Management Association
Business & Community Involvement
- Volunteer, various local charity organizations and projects
- Aircraft Owner Pilot Association
- Reno Air Racing Association
- Wings for Kid