What to Consider...
Is a sale of your privately held firm going to maximize value to your family, your employees and you? There are a variety of business and personal elements that you may want to consider when deciding if a sale is right for you.
10 Questions to Ask Before Selling Your Business:
- Why should I sell my business and how do I do it confidentially?
- When should I sell my business?
- What will I do after I sell the business?
- Should I sell my business to key employees or a family member?
- What is my business really worth?
- Who should be on my advisory team when I sell?
- Do I want to continue to operate my firm in an environment of constantly increasing and changing regulatory requirements?
- Would I be willing to stay on after a sale with equity incentives?
- What will happen to my employees?
- How do I prepare my firm to ensure a maximum value sale?
Attempts to formulate answers should not be made until the owner has discussed these questions with family as well as personal and professional advisors. The professional intermediaries at IBG have been assisting business owners make the right decisions regarding the future of their business since 1986. IBG intermediaries have owned and operated successful mid-market companies, and they understand that you have tough questions that need to be answered before you can be confident making the decision to sell. Schedule a confidential, no-obligation discussion with a professional IBG intermediary today.