IBG Conferences: The Secrets of Selling Your Business
The Secrets of Selling Your Business answers critical questions frequently asked by business owners and covers multiple topics relevant to the business transaction process, including:
- Why losing confidentiality could cost you the sale
- How preparing your firm years in advance of a sale can increase its value by 60 percent
- Why you must look at your business through the eyes of a buyer
- How to avoid litigation and create your team of advisors in advance of selling
- Why the IRS says your current financial statement is worthless when it comes to determining the value of your business
- Why international companies are purchasing private companies in record numbers
- How to create an auction environment and why you should not have an asking price
- Why 8 out of 10 businesses are sold for less money than they are actually worth (don't let yours be one of them!)
Register for this enlightening and practical conference by calling (800) 933-4558.
IBG Business offers presentations that can be conducted either as stand-alone workshops or in conjunction with other business conferences and presentations, and are available in a range of lengths from two hours to a full day.
These programs are specifically designed for business owners who may not be contemplating an immediate sale but are interested in the advance preparation needed to increase the value of their business and better position it for eventual sale.
Business owners who are interested in learning strategies for effectively positioning a privately held company for maximum valuation will find these presentations to be an ideal starting point. These customized versions of our standard nationally presented seminar, "The Secrets of Selling Your Business," are well-suited for trade association meetings, university conferences, Chamber of Commerce functions and professional and business club educational offerings.